What's Giving Tuesday and How Can I Get Involved?
#GivingTuesday is a day for giving back to the Community and the world. #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This means it follows the shopping spree days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
#GivingTuesday is a Movement.
#GivingTuesday is a special call to action to create a global day of giving that brings diverse organizations and communities around the world together to give back.
What I love about #GivingTuesday is how it brings people together, unifies charities, corporations, small businesses, and individuals from across the globe to show that the world gives as good as it gets. You don't have to be rich, famous or a world leader to positively affect your community. Here are some ways you can give back today:
• Donate or organize a fundraiser for a nonprofit and leverage #GivingTuesday. Experiment with creative approaches to expand your donor base and to raise more for charities around the world.
• Partner with local organizations to give a donation (money, goods, or services) to nonprofits
• Don't try to do it all in one day. Launch a campaign on #GivingTuesday to increase donations through the end of the year
• Volunteer at a charity or organize a larger team volunteer event with your friends, staff, and neighbors.
• Donate pro bono hours to help charities in need of your skills.
• Organize a donation drive for people to donate goods, clothing, and other items for people who are in need
•Talk about giving on your social media accounts.
• Celebrate community leaders on social media and celebrate organizations you feel are deserving of some attention
• Saturate your website and social media with #GivingTuesday graphics and be an ambassador for this great movement.
You can also tag @GivingTues, on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat , they will retweet and share your message.
What's going on in my neighborhood for #GivingTuesday?
Check out this resource guide of what's happening near you.